Services and General Information
|In all Emergencies:||111|
|Wairau Hospital||03 520 9999|
|Havelock Health Centre||03 574 2233|
|Havelock Police||03 574 2011|
Maritime Radio information
|Always use VHF 16 for all distress messages!|
|Picton Maritim Radio||VHF 16, 68, 71 (24 hours)|
|Marlborough Maritime Radio||VHF 01, 63, 66 (0700 - 2200 daily) ph.:03 573 8851|
|Havelock Radio||VHF 65 (0800 - 2200 daily)!|
|Picton Harbor||VHF 19 (24 hours)|
- Pelorus Mail Boat, Havelock
- Sound Delivery Service for Mahau, Kenepuru Sounds areas
Marlborough North Rural Fire District restricted fire season is for twelve months of the year. To light a fire in the open you will need a fire permit from a Permitting Officer. Your local host will be able to advise you whom to contact.
Fuel is available at the following places. Please note - some may not supply both petrol & diesel.
- Havelock - on State Highway & at Marina
- Rai Valley
- Te Rawa - boat access only - Petrol on wharf
- Okiwi Bay
- French Pass
Groceries & supplies
Please note - some places only carry limited supplies.
- Havelock - variety of shops in the township
- Linkwater - basic supplies, ice creams, gifts
- Te Mahia Resort - coffee & gift shop, basic supplies
- Portage Shop - basic supplies, ice creams, cold drinks
- Rai Valley - several shops on main highway
- Okiwi Bay - general store, & Scuba fills
- Te Rawa - well stocked mini market, fishing gear & crafts
A pdf file of the flyer "Safe Hunting in the Sounds" is available to download.